Continuing in our series on the topic of crushing your goals, we find ourselves where we left off last week - here are the rest of the 8 things that you will need to crush the goals you have set for yourself. (If you still haven’t gotten down clear goals, fill out an application here and we’ll get started with making some together.)
This is a must have discussion we must hear in order to have the best chance of follow-through. 3% of Harvard MBAs make as much money as the other 97% combined - because they have clear, attainable goals that they have written down. Writing down goals, with a pen and paper, is psychologically symbolic to us and helps us recognize it as a real, concrete thing to consider.
3 years ago, what was your three year plan? Have you achieved it yet?
8 things you need to know in order to crush your goals
There are no shortcuts.
The three year journey we talk about when we talk about the 3-1-90-13 is really a 3 year journey. Working harder at it isn’t going to get it done in 1.5 years. The time you spend building your business is your time that you get to spend strengthening your foundation. If you anticipated a whole lot of growth coming relatively soon, wouldn’t you spend your time making sure the business you build can hold it?
Trying to take the easy way out will only result in a weaker foundation - systems that seem easy to implement but really aren’t proven, cutting corners and shaving costs to accelerate growth isn’t the right way about it. Take time, build your base, and learn from the mistakes of your real estate coach. That’s what they’re there for!
Don’t chase squirrels.
Do you find yourself coming back to your business with new ideas all the time? We tend to latch on to new ideas as they come to us, especially when they are presented to us in an attractive way. Even something as small as a website, changing layouts and throwing your potential customers into confusion, can be a distraction you can’t afford to go through.
Often times team leaders think that their business is a playground for them to do whatever they want to do in their head, without doing anything to move their business forward in real life.
Play the long game.
Think about your business in an eternal perspective. If you had to build it to be around in 50 years, how would you think about it differently? You want to grow it and you want to make it solid. What systems would you put in place to make sure you’re growing your databases, growing your team, etc.? Playing the long game sets you apart from the competition.
Enjoy the ride.
You’re on your way to achieving your goals now, so learn to be content with what you’re doing. Slow down and appreciate what’s good, even in the struggles. It’s easy to forget what’s awesome about what we’ve done, so just enjoy moments. Moments with your spouse, your team members, kids, clients, all of it. Be vulnerable, and remain human.
Much Love & Respect,
Founder of Real Estate B-School
P.S. If you are struggling right now wondering what your next step is, here are a few ways I can help you right now:
- Get a Plan for Predictable Success despite the Current Realities of the Market.
This short 15-minute training will show you that predictable real estate success is possible even during these crazy times! Find out how to implement the systems and strategies to scale your business despite the current market shift!
- Get Instant Access to our Masterclass Training Series.
Learn how to apply the same tools, systems, and strategies I used over the last 12+ years to go from a struggling solo agent making roughly $20 per hour in 2008-2009 to building a sustainable, profitable real estate team where I now earn over $500 per hour.
- Subscribe to The Business Freedom Podcast.
Join me on The Business Freedom Podcast where I talk about the good, bad and ugly of building a highly profitable, systems driven real estate team.
- Schedule a Business Growth Strategy Session.
If you want to crush the current market and thrive while others fail to even survive, schedule a call with a business coach so we can arm you with a clear plan to profitably and predictably scale your business. No gimmicks or hype! Just the stuff that works!